The World of Info

SAN MARINO
Population

Cities in SAN MARINO

Città di san marino

Population

The population of San Marino is 33,537 (July 2017). San Marino is a densely populated country. The population density is 550 inhabitants per square kilometre.

The natural population growth rate is 0.74%. (2017)
Birth rate per 1000 inhabitants is 8.6 (2017)
Death rate per 1000 inhabitants is 8.7 (2017)
Life expectancy is 80.8 years men and 86.1 years women (2017)

Population composition:

The vast majority of the population is of San Marinese or Italian origin.

Language

The official language of San Marino is Italian. The population speaks "Romagnol" (colloquial language of the Emilia-Romagna region).

Relegion

In San Marino, the vast majority of the population is Roman Catholic (approx. 95%). The other 5% practise another religion or none at all.


Sources

CIA - World Factbook

BBC - Country Profiles

Last updated May 2024
Copyright: Team The World of Info